Image via Unsplash
Start a Small Business from Home
With These Essential Tips and Resources
If you’re looking for a career that allows you to work from home, set your own hours, and enjoy more freedom in your day, it may be time to consider the benefits of self-employment. For some tips on starting a rewarding work-from-home career as a freelancer, entrepreneur, or small business owner, review the information in the sections below!
Getting Started as a Freelancer, Entrepreneur, or Small Business Owner
Are you ready to turn your dream of working from home into a reality? These resources will help you to get started as a freelancer, entrepreneur, or small business owner.
- Discover the main differences between freelancing, owning a small business, and being an entrepreneur. There are pros and cons to each, and it’s important to understand them before embarking on a new career path.
- Improve your business skills and knowledge by obtaining an online business degree. You could earn an online business degree by taking classes in accounting, marketing, business management, or another similar field.
- Explore different home-based business ideas, such as selling products or services to consumers, providing services to other businesses, or working online as a blogger, proofreader, or affiliate marketer.
- Choose a structure for your home-based business. You’ll need to decide between structuring your business as a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability corporation (LLC), or a corporation.
Tips for Veterans Starting a Small Business
After serving in the military, you could start a veteran-owned small business with these helpful tips and resources.
- Come up with an idea for your small business. Three smart business ideas for veterans include franchise ownership, government contracting, and retail store ownership.
- Review Business News Daily’s Small Business Resource Guide for Veterans. You’ll find veteran-specific resources for starting a small business and financing your business idea.
- Get registered as a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), if applicable.
Once you’ve started your home-based business, these resources will help you to attract new clients and achieve success as a small business owner, freelancer, or entrepreneur.
- 10 Ways to Grow Your Home-Based Business
- Tips for Building Your First Business Website
- List Οf Educational Video Site Collections
Starting a small business takes time, money, research, and dedication, but the benefits of working for yourself are often well worth the initial efforts you’ll put in. Whether you’re ready to start a new work-from-home job as a small business owner, freelancer, or entrepreneur, these great resources will help you to embark on the career path you’ve been dreaming of.