This section is for XYY’s or families of XYY’s who are looking to talk to others of a similar variant.
I can only imagine what you went through and felt when you found out and received your diagnosis. I know how it felt to find out my XXY diagnosis and I would expect it to be somewhat similar. Here you have the opportunity to meet others virtually and to connect to those that have dealt directly with this situation.
Below are some links for more information for those who are affected by the XYY variation, a friend or family member with this variant. If you have any recommendations for sites that have helped you, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to add to the resources below.
If you have any questions for me, please e-mail Stefan.
Here are some resource for XYY Syndrome/Jacob’s Syndrome support and information:
- What is XYY Syndrome?
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- NIH Genetics Home Reference – 47XYY Syndrome
- Kids Health for XYY Syndrome
- Klinefelter and XYY Syndrome: Types of Sex Chromosome Aneuploidy
- Wikipedia: XYY Syndrome
- Science Direct: XYY Syndrome
- Characterization of autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental profiles in youth with XYY syndrome