This section is for XYYs or families of XYYs who want to talk to others of a similar variant.
I can only imagine what you went through and felt when you found out and received your diagnosis. I know how it felt to find out my XXY diagnosis, and I would expect it to be somewhat similar. You can meet others virtually and connect to those who have dealt directly with this situation.
Below are some links for more information for those affected by the XYY variation, a friend or family member with this variant. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for sites that have helped you, and I will gladly add to the resources below.
If you have any questions for me, please e-mail Stefan.
Here are some resources for XYY Syndrome/Jacob’s Syndrome support and information:
- Characterization of autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental profiles in youth with XYY syndrome
- Kids’ Health for XYY Syndrome
- Klinefelter and XYY Syndrome: Types of Sex Chromosome Aneuploidy
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- NIH Genetics Home Reference – 47XYY Syndrome
- Science Direct: XYY Syndrome
- Spanish XYY Website
- What is XYY Syndrome?
- Wikipedia: XYY Syndrome